Thursday, June 25, 2009

Red Roses!!!




As I was leaving the worksite today our resident, Mort, came up to me and gave me six roses floating in a small container. Those of you who know me, know I'm a flower/garden addict so this gesture was really cool. Mort is a 86 years young- I told him that he was going to make my friends back home look jealous- he said baloney!! This out reach by Mort was really special as he is a very shy and reserved. Each day we have been at his mobile home painting and repairing he has become more engaged with all of us. I always have a special heart for the elderly-I know we have touched his heart but even more he has touched mine deeply!! Joanie K.

1 comment:

  1. You're right----I'm jealous . . . What a sweet gesture! If he starts writing you poetry and serenading you, better watch out!

    ReplyDelete