Thursday, June 25, 2009

A not so God-Sighting

Hey, Greg Von Wald here. Yesterday at my worksite we had a not so God-Sighting. So our project was demolishing a porch and then rebuilding it. So on Monday and Tuesday, we demolished the whole porch. For the last part of Tuesday, we had started digging the holes for the posts to go in. We had finished 2 of our 3 holes and while working on our third hole, we hit what we thought was a rock. So we took a "rock smasher" and were trying for a good 45 minutes to break this "rock. We were getting fed up with this rock, so we started a new method. We had one person hold the rock smasher and another person took the sledgehammer to try and break this rock. Well we broke it! Then we had to go work on the post and concrete stuff. When I go back to the hole, there is water in it!! I knew this wasn't good so I got our adult leader to come and check it out. Just as our adult work leader comes over to check it out, someone walks out of the bathroom. So we are trying to figure out if this water is sewage or just normal water, so our adult leader starts smelling it and feeling it between his hands. Then I make the connection that another girl from our double crew, Gillian, had just walked out of the bathroom. So I told someone to go flush the toilet to make sure that it wasnt a sewage pipe. Well, it was. Our hole became filled with water and we couldn't work on our site anymore. The plumber had to come and he told us to stop working because they would have to dig around it and fix it. So I really hope that we don't get assigned to a new worksite because I really like my double crew. I'm now being forced to get off because the program is in 7 minutes. More to come later.

-Greg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment